09 June 2011

The Sun’ll Come out Tomorrow……

We have had a few warm and sunny days, so it may be that our summer weather is actually here to stay.  Not saying for sure, just mentioning that it might be. ( I don’t want to jinx anything!)  But everyone is out and about and smiling and happy.  It really does make a difference in one’s outlook when the weather is nice and sunny and warm!

That was yesterday when I started this post.  Today not so much.  Cloudy, foggy, cool (sweater or jacket cool) and grey.  But there is always tomorrow.  Hope springs eternal!

I have put buttons on the little sweater and it is ready to be sent off to Ottawa! No matter how many times I have tried I cannot get an accurate picture of the colour!

Sunnysideeited-1

The socks I am knitting for my friend are almost finished.  Not the most gorgeous socks I’ve ever seen, but I think she will be happy with them.  The kindest thing I can say about them is that they are utilitarian and should be great for sailing and cool weather.

AslanMargs1

Saturday is International Knit in Public Day and several of our knitting group are going down to Mahone Bay to join their get together at the Biscuit Eater and then head over to Have A Yarn for some yarn goodness and treats!  I am going to attend, despite having people in for dinner that evening.  I will be very organized and have much of it ready ahead of time.  At least that is the plan.

My printer is acting up, half printing a page and then stopping, telling me to open and close the back, and then finishing the printing job, but with a big crease in the middle.  I hope to be able to fix it myself or take it to Staples to see if they can fix it as I just a few months ago put in all new toner cartridges.  Four of them!!!  Crossing my fingers on that one!

Today is my brother’s birthday (Happy Birthday Dave!) and he is in the city today for an appointment.  So he is stopping in here on his way home to Yarmouth and we will treat him to a birthday dinner at the Quarterdeck!  Looking forward to that midweek treat on a dull and dreary day!

And I close with these oh so appropriate lyrics: Smile

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!
Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!
When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

SmileSmileSmile

3 comments:

Ros said...

You are sooooo sunny!!! Hope you enjoyed David at the QD

lexa said...

It was warm out when I took the garbage out this morning, but it sure is cool now. I was watching Judge Judy at suppertime, they kept interrupting her to give severe thunderstorm warnings for New England. I see we're supposed to get thunderstorms through the night and into the morning. I hope it's not like last week! I'm not one to be afraid of it, but that was unusual for us, it lasted too long, and I can't say I cared much for it, lol.

Heddy said...

pretty little sweater ... and the socks look nice. What is the pattern? I haven't seen you in so long - I need to come to knit nite!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs