02 May 2011

Catching Up

on sleep and blogging.

We have been away on vacation for almost a month.  Hence the blog silence.

This post will be mainly about knitting though.  We just got back from Hawaii yesterday afternoon and with the 7 hour time change, I am too tired to take all my pics of the camera and go over our trip. So knitting is what this will be.

On my last post, I showed the picture of the yarn I won in the SAM11 KAL. It still looks overly bright in my pic.  Well in person it is a lovely peachy pink and the bottom one is the truer colour:

SpudChloePrizeDSC03658

Next up I have the yarn that came for my Cookie A sock club, April package.  It is a new yarn by Lorna’s Laces, 55% merino, 15% nylon and 30% Outlast, which is a fibre technology that continuously interacts with your body’s microclimate and the environment to moderate temperatures from being too hot or cold. 

LornasLacesMulberryJamDSC03657

And the colour is pretty accurate. It is a limited edition called Boysenberry Jam. I am so excited to be one of the first to be trying out this new yarn.

While we were in Arizona, my friend took me to her favourite yarn shop where I scored these two beauties:

BlueHeronBlueDSC03661BlueHeronBlueSparklesDSC03662BlueHeronCreamsSparkleDSC03660BlueHeronCreamsDSC03659

My favourite yarn, Blue Heron Rayon Metallics! I can’t wait to turn these into something special!!

I also decided that trying to get my other skein of Blue Heron to do the planned pooling thing was driving me crazy, so I am frogging it. I have offered it to one of my friends, but if she doesn’t want it, I will put it out there for anyone who may decide they would like to own it.

BlueHeronDSC03554

As for knitting, that was pretty much only done on our flights to and from everyone. So I got one pair of socks done, my Kona Mona socks:

KonaMonaDSC03663_edited-1

And another pair half finished. I am the heel turning on each sock.  This is the Louche pattern by Hunter Hammersen.

LoucheDSC03664_edited-1

This is supposed to be a simple pattern but for some reason this one keeps kicking my butt. I do like the pattern results, so I am sticking with it.  The socks are mirror images so I think they will be lovely when done. The yarn is the latest to arrive from the Tanis Year in Colour club! Lovely shades of greens!

Next time, vacation news and pictures.

3 comments:

Frieda said...

Nice to see you back !Hope you enjoyed your vacation ...


The Lorna's Laces yarn sounds really interesting .It amazes me what new things the yarn companies come up with .The socks are both absolutely gorgeous !

lexa said...

Looking forward to vacation pictures. Love the new yarns -- has Shan called dibs on the socks from the Lorna's Laces yet? Looks like her kinda color, lol.

WildflowerWool said...

Wonderful yarns and great socks!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs