28 September 2008

Kyle's coming, Kyle's coming, draw nearer, draw nearer.......

In the gloaming, in the gloaming, let's sing and be merry!  Th8s should be sung to the tune of the ever popular Girl Guides of Canada song "Fire's Burning".

The hatches have been battened down, the yarn supply is more than adequate, flashlights and candles are at the ready!  We are prepared for Kyle to make his arrival!
But, will it be with all the aplomb and class of Sir Elton John, who arrived on Friday night to the most thunderous applause I have ever heard at the Metro Center. I do not think so.  Kyle can blow his heart out, but will come no where near the amazing performance we saw on Friday!  A truly wonderful show and a truly wonderful showman!  No big bands or light shows, simply EJ on the stage with his piano and 12000 fans.  He was warm and down to earth. He gave a short spiel about some of the songs he was about to play and a few personal tidbits. One highlight was when he said how much he enjoyed Canada and that he was almost Canadian himself, referring to his Canadian partner, David Furnish!  He signed a lot of autographs and even played Happy Birthday for one lucky fan. He seemed to be truly touched by all the love and applause and standing ovations after almost every song.  And after the show was finally over ( he played from 8:05 until 10:45 without a break ) we made our way to our car and headed home, exhausted but thrilled with the whole evening.  We had arrived at 5:30 and met 4 other couples for dinner at Seven where we all had a most wonderful meal before the concert.  I would have to give the whole evneing a 10!

I have finished sock one of the Marilinda sock and it is drop dead gorgeous! I love it. Not sure what I am going to do with it.  Originally the yarn was to be knitted as a gift, but then it got done in this pattern which I love so I decided to keep them.  Now, having finished the toe, I think it may be marginally to small for me.  We will have to see how the second one turns out!

Next post will be a post Kyle post. I know, it's stupid but it made me laugh!

Cross your fingers and anything else you can think of!

5 comments:

Landerson said...

Soooo excited to see EJ for myself......keep yer fingers crossed that Kyle doesn't interfere!

Anonymous said...

I am definitely crossing my fingers for a mild arrival from Kyle. I would love the excuse though to be able to sit and knit through a storm. Bring on Snow Days for me at School!!! Thinking of you!

lexa said...

I knew you'd love Sir Elton! Glad you had a blast.

I am NOT impressed. I just looked out my bedroom window and see that my two trees along the side driveway have both lost really big limbs. (Like big enough that when T comes home he'll have to borrow a saw to cut them up.) How annoying. The man we bought the house from had basically chopped all the limbs off the trees in the yard the year before we bought the place. They're finally looking like trees again. :(

Marti said...

Ooo, like the new look of the blog (I usually read it in my Bloglines). Glad the concert was a hit. We lost power here at about 8 pm and it was out all night. That was the extent of our excitement from Kyle. Oh, and I'd be happy to take those socks off your hands if you're really in a bind :)

Frieda said...

So glad that you enjoyed the concert despite the head cold . Hope you're feeling better .

Love the new look and the little reactions tag at the bottom is a nice feature . You're pretty good at all this computer stuff ! Do you give lessons :-))

The sock is looking very nice such a beautiful blue ...

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs