11 March 2006

Weekend

Well with all the rain we had yesterday the snow is almost gone and we can start thinking that spring might be coming soon. I am sure we will have winter for a while yet, but spring is not too far off.

Miss Cleo had an appointment for her yearly checkup and shots. We also had bloodwork done as her teeth are really bad and she needs them cleaned, and I wanted to be sure she could handle the anesthetic. She will be 15 on St. Patrick's day and they assured me that even at her age she would be much more comfortable with this procedure done. So Tuesday is the big day for her. I have an appointment in Halifax that day so will drop her off in Bridgewater on my way and pick her up on my way home. I am being fitted for orthotics at 5 p.m. and should be done in time to pick her up. Otherwise John will have to go and get her up for me.

I have been plugging away slowly on John's sweater. The Brier starts today and so I should be able to watch curling and knit this week when I am home. It is shaping up to be a busy week already!!

We had friends in for dinner last night and then tomorrow we are having the young man that is taking over John's business and his wife in for dinner. After I had invited them, I remembered that I had to be in St. Margaret's Bay rink by 9 Sunday morning to work at their CanSkate festival and won't get home till late afternoon. So I will have to get much of it ready today. I think tonight will be a go out or order in dinner for us!

Peter, Shannon's oldest is turning 2 tomorrow. He has had an ear infection and we hope it is cleared up by now as I am sure Shan is having a party for him.
That's it from me for the time being.

Bye bye for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I received the Irish hiking scarf and it's officially my new favorite scarf. With this wonderful spring-like weather, I'm not sure I'll have too much time to wear it this year, but there's always next year. Thanks Mom!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs