04 January 2006

Marilyn's Hat

Today I joined the Irish Hiking Scarf Knitalong . This is my first time doing anything like this, and I expect to have fun with it. This afternoon I went to our local yarn shop and bought some cream coloured Patons Classic Wool to knit it with. It sounds boring but I thought it would look good with just about everything, plus I tend to think of cables with Aran wool sweaters. Thus the colour choice. Sheri was working and we did some catching up. She is the one who put me on to this knitalong in the first place. I saw her scarf at the store and it really looks great. Nice and warm too.

I will post pictures of mine when I get it up and running. First I must finish Paul's sweater. I got the second sleeve in and the neck stitches picked up so I am in the final stretch there. Yea!!

Well I finally got up the nerve and felted the hat and it came out beautifully. I am so pleased. The colours are not quite right in the pics, but.....
So here are the before and after pictures:
Before



And after:



Bye Bye for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Bee-ooot-ee-ful!!! Looking forward to seeing the scarf! It really is easy and fun to knit.

A Crafty Mom said...

I love it too - it's one of the nicest colours you've done. I'll send you pics with the blue one you made for so you can post it (and the mitts too)! I still wear it every day and bought a new blue winter jacket *specifically* to match my hat and mitts :-)

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs