07 September 2009

Today is Labour Day

Traditionally, Labour Day was an occasion to campaign for and celebrate workers' rights during parades and picnics organized by trade unions. These still play a role in Labour Day for some Canadians, but many people see the first Monday in September as an opportunity to take a late summer trip, perhaps to their country cottage, or enjoy the company of family or friends at picnics, fairs, festivals and fireworks displays. For teenagers and other students, the Labour Day weekend is the last chance to celebrate with a party or to go on a trip before school re-opens for the new academic year.

I am trying to decide what to do on my Labour Day. We don't have a cottage and there are no festivals or fairs being held. My family is all too far away for a day visit, so that is out. John is off playing golf. Should I do housework, laundry, etc? On Labour Day?! I think not!


Oh wait! I know what I can do. Watch the US Open and knit! Roger is playing this afternoon and what better way to spend a holiday than watching Roger! I may even get my Angee socks done for my friend before she leaves to go home to England on Thursday. I finished both socks to the heel flap last evening. My goal is to get both heels turned and the gussets done today. That basically gives my one day for each foot and voila! A pair of socks should be ready to go across the ocean to their new home!

So I am off to knit!

( This isn't the best picture of the socks. They look much better in real life! )

1 comment:

lexa said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the day to me! (Knitting and watching tv, that is.)

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs