30 April 2009

What? This old rag?

Caution: this is totally a knitting post for those not so inclined! And you know who you are D!

This seems to be what I am doing for down time lately. Dish cloths for everyone and wash cloths for the grandkids! A nice easy brain dead knit. They knit up quickly so you get instant gratification and then everyone loves them so, more gratification! They travel well too!

I am also trying to decide what socks to knit for May. They need to be pastel for the Solid/semi-solid KAL and Cables/Twisted Stitches or Anne Hanson pattern for the SKA KAL. I am not doing the mystery sock ( which is the other choice). Still haven't gotten over the whole mystery shawl debacle! I want to see my pattern and what the finished product is going to look like! I actually have 2 new sock books, both of which have cabled socks that I will probably choose the pattern from. Just which one, the Cookie A, Sock Innovations or the Wendy Johnson, Socks from the Toe Up.

Then there is the little organic yarn sweater for Hunter. I would like a small break after the Reese jumper before starting that one though.

Plus, my friend D picked up the green sweater I had knit for Pete and which had a little accident. Whilst opening the padded envelope I had packed it in, ( it was very snug and just barely fit ), Shannon ...... wait for it:
-
-
-
-
-
-
who was using scissors, cut a tiny little hole in the waist ribbing! Not that big a hole, but a hole nonetheless and effectively making the sweater unwearable! Or it would turn into an unraveled tangle of green yarn!! So it is home and waiting for Nana to try and frog the ribbing, and knit it back up.

On the plus side, it was knit in the round so I won't have to tear out sewing as well as frog the ribbing! Plus, it was cut in the ribbing and not the chest part of the sweater! See, there is always a silver lining. And last but not least, I finally told Shannon that our dog, Mags, had chewed the cover off the hand stamped photo album of our dear Cleo that she had made and would she mind fixing it for ME!! What goes around comes around as they say. Or tit for tat..... or sauce for the goose....... you get the idea!!!

3 comments:

Heddy said...

pretty pink cloth! Dishcloths are a great break from harder knitting (and make you really feel good fast - if you like to finish things!) I should get out my stash of cotton, and have at 'er.

That's a terrible story about the green sweater, but at least it was just the ribbing - coulda been much much worse

lexa said...

What a shame about the sweater, but it could have been worse, and at least it's fixable. What a bugger Mags is! lol! Sounds like something my Maggie would definitely do.

Heddy said...

OOH ... I just read your tweet -- State of Play is good! We saw it on the weekend in halifax ... loved so much, I barely knit a stitch. Russell Crowe is yummy in a long haired dirty hippyish sort of way (if you like that sort of thing). Good storyline too.

H

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs