29 December 2007

Almost 2008

Christmas is over for another year and the new year is almost here. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and wish the best to all for a happy and healthy new year.

We had a lovely Christmas this year with Lauren and Mark and Reese here for several days. We had lots of lobster chowder, the traditional turkey dinner and more lobster. We went to my brother's home in Yarmouth on Boxing Day for fresh lobster and I must admit, I am almost lobstered out.

Reese is just a doll and raced around babbling to herself and anyone who would listen! She recently learned the word no and put that to good use whilst they were here. She even had the occasional NO WAY just to keep her parents on their toes.

Here are a few pictures of Reese on her visit:

Giving her father a big kiss:



A nice comfy place to watch TV:





Playing ball with Maggie & Dad:



On the knitting front, I finished a Wavy Scarf I had started. It needs blocking and I don't have a picture to post. I started a sweater for Mark that I found whilst I was cleaning out my stash pre surgery. I bought the pattern and yarn a few years ago, but he still likes it so I am doing it. I must say, it is a heavy wool and with size 9 mm needles it is knitting up very quickly. I think it may be a bit small but Mark feels it will stretch. We will see. I must say it is doing up so quickly I would almost take it apart and do it over again. Not likely, but I could.

As for Christmas knitting gifts, I received a Swift from my oldest daughter and a gorgeous sweater kit from John. I will confess to having some input into those gifts. I also received a gift certificate to Have A Yarn in Mahone Bay. Did someone say road trip?

The weather has been really horrid lately, either snow or rain or both almost every other day. We are hoping to go to the Charlie Wilson's War movie in Bridgewater tonight, so I hope the snow that is coming down will soon turn to rain like they predicted.

New Years' eve we are going to dinner at the Trattoria della Nonna in Lunenburg with two other couples, so again, we hope for rain no snow!

I have been trying to figure out how to post videos to this stupid blog and it doesn't seem to be working. It says it is uploading and it has been going on for a while and won't let me do anything else, even cancel it. So there may or may not be a cute video of Reese. It won't work. I will try later.

Bye bye for now!

1 comment:

lexa said...

She's so cute!

I hope to be ordering my swift in the very near future.

Don't you hate all this crappy weather? Snow, rain, turns to ice. Snow, rain, turns to ice. Over and over again!

Have a good time on New Year's Eve!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs