04 October 2006

Good News Bad News

The bad news is that the workers are still here pounding on my house.

The good news is that we are going away tomorrow for 10 days. We are going to England to spend a few days with my sister and then spend 4 days travelling around the southwest area of England before heading off to London. We will spend 3 days there with friends and then on the 15th, we will head home. Sort of a whirlwind trip, but it will be nice to get away. And hopefully the workmen will be finished when we get home!!

The house is looking really nice but I haven't got any more pictures because scaffolding is up and looks ugly. But the house is definitely looking good!!

I am taking some yarn to work on a scarf and maybe a hat for my friend whilst we are away. I can take knitting needles on the plane to the UK, but the flight leaves at 10:35. so if we plan on sleeping, there won't be much time to knit. I can get a lot done in the airport whilst we are waiting! This time I am going to take a sleeping pill because I can NEVER sleep on a plane. I just cannot sleep sitting upright or even tilted back. So I hope the pill works. You are just so drug out the whole next day!

I am off to lunch with my bowling group. We still haven't started bowling, but we still do lunch.

Bye bye for now.

3 comments:

lexa said...

Have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to see some pictures. Will plan a trip to Mahone Bay when you get back!

Dorothy said...

Have a good trip!

And if you see this before you go, buy some melatonin at Sobeys - it's a natural sleep aid. They are recommended for people going on flights, or just for people who can't sleep (our son takes one every night)

Dorothy said...

Hope you had a good trip!!!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs